Optimizing Gas Turbines Life Management
A practical and comprehensive course on condition & life assessments for gas turbines with the aim of improving gas turbine operational & maintenance practices, minimizing the likelihood of failures, prolonging asset life & reducing maintenance costs.
Key Technical Issues Covered In The Course
- Gas turbines components – what are they made of?
- Materials Degradation – how do parts degrade in service?
- What are the main failure causes for gas turbine hot parts?
- Coatings – what types are there? Why use coatings? How do coatings fail?
- Condition and Life Assessment of parts
- Hot Gas Path Part Management
- Repair Techniques – repair or placement?
- How to manage the life extension process – parts tracking
- The combustion section, degradation and life assessment.
- Turbine Disc Life Assessment
Who Should Attend
- Plant Managers
- Asset Managers / Directors
- Operations and Maintenance Managers / Directors
- Generation Managers / Directors
- Chief Turbine Engineers
- Power System Planning Specialists
- Turbine Owners and Operators
- Rotating Equipment and Control Specialists
- Technical Directors
- Reliability/Rotating Equipment Engineers
- Gas Turbine Parts/Components Suppliers
Director, Power Resources,
Dr. Sean Norburn