About the Course
The global container shipping remains an important component of intercontinental supply chains with huge percentage of cargoes shipped through containerized trade. The benefit of speed and flexibility offered by container shipping also accounts for the increasing containerization of many commodities. The globalization of the market brings dynamic development of container transport and for anyone involed in this business, it is essential to learn this and be updated on the logistics chain and how the market operates.
Container Logistics is a two-day course that will guide you through the principles of containerization, the container shipping business and its impact on international trade. From trade routes, ship and cargo types to container handling, delegates engaged in the container business will be able to get an overview of the entire container logistics chain.
Whether you are new to the industry or seeking a refresher, the course, through a combination of lectures, discussions, and interaction with your peers, will give you a comprehensive understanding of the market.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the principles of containerization and its impact on international trade
- Examine the impact of ship deployment strategies on container logistics
- Get an overview of liner conferences, global alliances, merger and consolidation in the container shipping market
- Know the cost structure of container shipping and the pressure for increased ship size
- Obtain knowledge on container technology and the challenges of containerizing cargoes
- Recognize the impact of terminal competition and operations in the supply chain
- Appreciate the economics of modal selection and inland transport management
- Learn the commercial basis of international container shipments
Who Should Attend
- Shippers and cargo owners
- Shipping lines and carriers
- Port & terminal operators
- Freight forwarders
- Stevedoring companies
- Container leasing companies
- Ship agents
- Cargo brokers
- Those engaged in container logistics
International Course Director
Jeff Martin has an extensive experience in international container transport over the past 25 years. He has been providing management training to terminal operators, shipping lines and logistics service providers in container shipping for the last 6 years.