The 2-day Bunker Fuel Blending seminar is aimed at providing participants a technical, introductory and practical guideline on blending heavy fuel oil.
In light of IMO’s increased enforcement on bunker fuel’s sulphur 0.5% limit effective from 1 Jan 2020, the necessity for ensuring compatibility, stability in fuel oil’s quality specifications as well as the importance of optimisation methods have become more evident than ever. Throughout the Bunker Fuel Blending course, expert trainer will enable participants to gain understanding and exercises on:
- Blending properties’ calculation, pricing & application
- Blending components compatibility
- Blend control and QA
- Optimisation in Bunker fuel blending
- Lab testing and Industry standards (ISO 8217, SS 524 & 600, ISO 9001, 17025, ASTM / IP / ISO test methodology etc)
- Bunker blending economics and Profit blend optimiser
- Blending for sulphur compliance 2020 and the future
Who Should Attend
This course is beneficial for supervisors, managers, senior managers across functions in marketing, trading, economic planning, labs supervision who need better technical understanding of bunker fuel blending – including Fuel oil traders, Bunker operators, Bunker oil trader, Planning engineers.
SESSION 1: AN INTRODUCTION TO BLENDING
- A brief course overview
- various types of blending
- why blending is necessary
SESSION 2: SPECIFICATIONS, COMPONENTS AND ADDITIVES FOR MARINE FUELS
- A look at the development of ISO 8217
- Properties of fuel both within the specification and not
- within the specification
- Blend stock components and their properties.
SESSION 3: BUNKER FUEL BLENDING AND TOOLS
- Compatibility of blend components, sampling and
- Blending software and equipment
SESSION 4: CALCULATIONS FOR BUNKER BLEND PROPERTIES
- Compatibility testing
- Linear/non-linear blend properties calculations
SESSION 5: BLENDING COMPONENTS’ PROPERTIES, PRICING AND APPLICATIONS
- Prices of blend component to calculate the blend profit.
- The cost of property “giveaway” using calculated examples
SESSION 6: OPTIMISATION IN BUNKER FUEL BLENDING
- Blend control, using manual, automatic ratio and property control.
- Why blend optimisation tools for marine bunker fuel?
- Usage of Single blend optimiser (SBO); multi-blend optimiser (MBO) and on-line single blend optimizer (OBO)
- Input data requirements for single blend optimisation
- Optimisation Output results
SESSION 7: PROFIT BLEND OPTIMISER/ BUNKER BLENDING ECONOMICS
- Bunker blending economics
- Ensuring the maximum profit from a blend
SESSION 8: BLEND CONTROL AND QA
- Sampling methods
- MARPOL Samples
- Dispute resolution
- Laboratory test methods
- Reproducibility and repeatability of tests
SESSION 9: IN-LINE BLENDING – ADVANTAGES AND KEY CONSIDERATIONS
- Benefits of the use of in-line blending including inventory reduction
- Tankage minimisation
- Tank capacity and quality management
SESSION 10: LABORATORIES TESTING AND ON-LINE TESTING
- Discussion of the benefits of laboratory testing on-line testing
- Various types of on-line testing methods.
- Lab testing standards: ISO 8217, SS 524 & 600, ISO 9001, 17025, ASTM / IP / ISO test methodology etc
SESSION 11: BLENDING FOR 2020 SULPHUR COMPLIANCE
- Necessary components for 0.5% LSFO blending
- Challenges and problems expected
- When and how transitions could take place
- Ensuring Stability and Compatibility of 2020 compliant fuel
- Increased likelihood of fuel contamination incidence
- Avoiding off spec fuel from blending operations
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.