Key Learning outcomes
- Learn how to assess whether a given digital initiative is likely to succeed
- Differentiate between the different digital tools and their advantages
- What is hype and what is reality
- What will be disrupted – and what will not?
- Place your own company’s challenges into the framework of a digital future and identify what, and isn’t, relevant for your company
- Learn how to realistically assess the cyber security threat and how to build a plan to enhance security
Who Should Attend
- Ship Owners and Operators
- Shipping Lines and Carriers
- Ship Builders
- Port & Terminal Operators
- Ship Agents and Brokers
- Marine Services
What past participants have said about our Maritime Courses:
“Very informative and real life examples provided”
– Kristal Thian, Shipping Ops Executive, Total Oil Asia-Pacific Pte Ltd
“I learnt new things/ knowledge”
– Sashi Indhiran, Legal Counsel, Sumitomo Chemical Asia Pte Ltd
“Real life cases are introduced, relevant to my work and to learn and gain better understanding, detailed & comprehensive notes”
– Quek Shu Yu, Chartering / Shipbroking – Dry Cargo, KZ Maritime Pte Ltd
“Highly knowledgeable speaker, relevant course for my job”
– Yosua Iskandar, BMS Coal Sales Pte Ltd
- What is meant by digitalization
- What can be learnt form other industries?
- The “Glasshouse” model
- Is shipping different? Why?
- The impact of transparency stemming from digitalization
- What are the potential drivers of value creation from digitalization
- Why have we not seen a digital revolution earlier?
- Why will we see a change now?
- The 5 elements of a digital shipping future
- How to kick start a digitalisation project
- Common implementations and pilot projects
- Tracking pilots and their potential for operators as well as cargo owners
- Online sales options
- Operational fuel optimization
- What to do – and not to do – when launching a digital project
- How digital can change the balance of power between vessel owners, operators, cargo owners and other stakeholders
- Robotics and automation
- Autonomous vehicles
- Technical feasibility versus commercial reality
- Internet of Things
- Trackers and sensors on everything – what is the impact?
- Big Data in shipping
- How to use, and not to use, big data
- Artificial Intelligence – opportunities and limitations
- Digitalization is only a qualifier – more is needed
- Process control
- Exception handling
- The value of exceptions
- Non-digital as a competitive advantage in a digital world
- What is blockchain
- Current blockchain initiatives in shipping
- What are tokens and cryptocurrencies in the shipping related blockchain initiatives
- Cyber security
- The state of affairs in shipping
- What is the nature of the realistic threat?
- Where does the threat come from?
- The BIMCO/IMO guidelines
- A realistic assessment of what will happen in the coming years
- What is likely to succeed?
- What is likely to be more hype than reality?
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.