The challenge of ensuring sustainable agriculture practices is perhaps more pronounced in Africa, than in any other region. As the region grapples with farmer finance and livelihoods, water management, climate change and crucially, traceability in the supply chain, the various impact areas for sustainable agriculture need urgent attention.
Investment is pouring in, aid organisations and Governments are earmarking funds, policies and standards are being implemented, and digital technology is catalysing developments. Part of a wider Soft Commodities Week, the first Sustainable Agriculture Summit will focus on the African region, and highlight best practice, technologies, partnerships and real-life implementations.
- Sustainability impact areas attracting investment
- Models for collaboration
- Sustainable farming practices
- Farmer financing and livelihood management
- Climate Smart Agriculture
- Supply chain traceability and transparency
- Water management and irrigation developments
- Improving soil fertility
- Crop rotation
- Reducing and managing tillage
- Integrated pest management an Crop diversity to manage pest populations
- Digital technology and blockchain assisting sustainability practices
- Working with certification bodies
- Implementation case studies across various crops
The first ever Soft Commodities Week Africa is a uniquely positioned combination of 3 separate conferences, addressing the hottest issues in Sustainability, AgTech, digital disruption, investment and business partnerships. 300+ high level decision makers will convene to set the agenda for agriculture in Africa, and how industry can drive innovation, new business models and partnerships for a sustainable future.
Co located events
Partnership and Profile Building Opportunities are Now Available!
Contact us today to find out how you can position your company as a market leader at this event, and to explore the range of branding and marketing opportunities available.
Still have a question?